IF18-2 1/8 SCALE GP RACING CAR CHASSIS KIT
The next generation of IF18, the car which won the World Championship in 2017!
Since its debut the IF18 has been loved by 1/8 racers in many countries and has seen success all over the world.
The outstanding rear stability will remain unchanged and this time the front section has been redesigned.
INFINITY team drivers from around the world have helped with development and tested this new geometry over a long period of time to help break new ground in the 1/8 racing category.
The big weapon of the IF18-2 is that by adjusting the front roll center according to driving conditions, it is possible to fine tune your setup perfectly according to various circuits and driving styles. This allows for great steering in all corners without any excessive initial reactions which can make your car difficult to drive.
The newly designed front upper arm, lower arm and front knuckle are made of new materials with high rigidity and excellent impact resistance. Attention has also been paid to the ease of assembly and the high precision of these parts can be felt when maintaining and setting up your car.
INFINITY team driver Takaaki Shimo finished runner-up at the 2019 IFMAR 1/8 Racing World Championship in the United States. The car he used was a secret prototype of the IF18-2 and was the only one used at the event.
The conditions during this race were extreme, fighting with traction roll on an ultra high grip surface not found in Europe or Asian countries, especially Japan.
As the only prototype car being used at the race Shimo did not have the advantage of sharing team setup data, despite this the IF18-2 demonstrated its great potential only just missing out on a debut win.
Finally, IF18-2 will be released as a production model in December 2020! There is no doubt that it will dominate the race scene during 2021.
Newly designed front section.
- By splitting the front knuckle into upper and lower parts, three types of trails can be set + 1mm / 0mm / -1mm
The position of the upper arm pivot has changed significantly from the previous model, offering more choice in steering characteristics.
In addition, the section around the lower pivot has a split structure (by increasing or decreasing the lower spacer) that allows the roll center to be adjusted.
The structure that looks like an inverted front knuckle expands the adjustment range of the geometry. It has a structure that allows you to easily change the camber angle on the spot even just before the race.
- The upper and lower arms have a newly designed shape that is resistant to crashes. In addition, the rigidity can be adjusted by attaching a carbon plate (optional setting part) to the lower arm. The turnbuckle rod used for the lower arm is also made of high-strength steel. The lower arm pivot 7.8mm ball is hard anodized for smooth movement while maintaining excellent surface condition for long periods of time.
- The upper and lower arm holders are also newly designed. Designed to be both lightweight in finish and still ensuring sufficient strength.
6 types of mounting positions can be selected for the upper arm holder by exchanging bushes (3 types). The lower arm holder also offers an IN and OUT pin position by replacing the bushing.
- Adopts a newly designed wide type front anti-roll bar. By lengthening the reach, the effect of the anti-roll bar is softened at the initial stage of suspension movement. While showing mild steering characteristics, the anti-roll bar becomes more effective later in the the corner. The 5.8mm anti-roll bar ball uses hard steel with a smaller boss. (Kit is front / 2.4mm, rear / 3.0mm. 2.7mm is also available as an option)
Various option parts are available.
- Hard materials are available as an option for the front knuckle, upper & lower arm, and upper & lower arm holder. You can tune your car according to the track conditions and driver's taste.
- A carbon wheel plate which attaches to the front knuckle is also available for the IF18-2. With this plate its possible to achieve sharper steering in high speed corners.
- To ensure you are covered for all driving conditions, the front anti-roll bar is available in steps of 0.1mm from 2.0mm to 3.0mm. (Kit standard is 2.4mm)
- By switching to the optional aluminum knuckle base 13.5, the front roll center of the IF18-2 is set to the lowest setting, and offers the sharpest turn-in while reducing the chance of traction roll at the initial stage of cornering on a high grip track surface.
(A dedicated 7.8 mm ball is prepared separately. It is recommended to use a 2.7-3.0 mm stabilizer together)
A long type front body mount post used by all team drivers is standard equipment.
Fluorine coated shock case is standard equipment.
The position of the O-ring on the tank lid cap has been revised so that it provides a perfect seal, and to minimise the expansion of the O-ring due to the difference in fuel composition to ensure stable pressure. The inner diameter of the nipple has also been optimized, contributing to the stabilization of fuel adjustment.
Volume has been added around the fuel filter allowing for a stable fuel supply even when the tank is almost empty.
Extra space has been created to allow the carburetor stroke to now be "straight" in a front to rear direction, making throttle linkage setup easier.
In order to contribute to the fuel efficiency of engines that are becoming more powerful these days, the fuel tank capacity has been drastically set to "125cc over" as standard. By adding the color of OPT inside, it corresponds to the international regulation.
Low friction type soft belts (R8001S, R8002S, R8003S) are used for all belts.
For ease of maintainence, the rear body mount shaft is now supplied with a stopper as standard. R0258
Front bumper with Infinity logo marking
Markings have now been added to the spring adjusters of the front and rear oil dampers. (New)
To help with keeping the left and right adjustments uniform when adjusting the ride height, we adopted the INFINITY team driver's usual handmade marking.
This is a small but improtant message from the INFINITY development department that we want INFINITY users to know that these small details will lead to correct car setup and more fun on track.